Calahorra, La Rioja, Spain.
Calahorra’s Cathedral is the most ancient historical sight in the diocese of Calahorra and La Calzada-Logrońo. Its origin lays in the martyrdom of the Roman legionnaires Emeterius and Celedonius. In the 4th century, the peregrination to the sacred place enabled the building of a Baptistery at the site of the martyrdom.
When the city fell in the hands of the Arabs the temple was destroyed and was restored as Romanesque temple when the city was re-conquered for Christianity in 1045 by the King of Navarre, Mr. García of Najera.
The construction of the current building of the Cаthedral was started in 1484, and lasted for more than two centuries.